Encyclopedia Of Drug Metabolism And Interactions PDF
Elsevier now offers a series of derivative works based on the acclaimed Meylers Side Effect of Drugs, 15th Edition. These individual volumes are grouped by specialty to benefit the practicing physician or health care clinician.
The unwarranted effects of medications used in psychiatry can adversely affect a treatment plan. This book is critical in helping psychiatrists and mental health professionals assess the adverse effects of drugs such as antidepressants, mood stabilizers, hypnosedatives, and antipsychotic drugs.
The material is drawn from the 15th edition of the internationally renowned encyclopedia, Meyler’s Side Effects of Drugs, and the latest volumes in the companion series, Side Effects of Drugs Annuals. Drug names have usually been designated by their recommended or proposed International Non-proprietary Names (rINN or pINN); when those are not available, clinical names have been used. In some cases, brand names have been used.
This volume is critical for any health professional involved in the administration of psychiatric mediations.
- Surpasses the Physician’s Desk Reference © by including clinical case studies and independent expert analysis
- Complete index of drug names
- Most complete cross referencing of drug-drug interactions available
- Extensive references to primary and secondary literature
- Also includes information on adverse effects in pregnancy
The book is divided into six sections:
- Antidepressants – A general introduction to their adverse effects, followed by monographs on individual drugs and groups of drugs (including lithium)
- Neuroleptic drugs – A general introduction to their adverse effects, followed by monographs on individual drugs
- Hypnosedatives – A general introduction to their adverse effects, followed by monographs on individual drugs
- Drugs of abuse
- Drugs used to treat Alzheimer’s disease
- Psychological and psychiatric adverse effects of non-psychoactive drugs