Gives a real world explanation of how to analyze and troubleshoot aprocess control system in a batch process plant
• Explains how to analyze the requirements forcontrolling a batch process, develop the control logic to meetthese requirements, and troubleshoot the process controls in batchprocesses
• Presents three categories of batch processes (cyclicalbatch, multigrade facilities, and flexible batch) and examines thedifferences in the control requirements in each
• Examines various concepts of a product recipe and whatits nature must be in a flexible batch facility
• Approaches the subject from the process perspective,with emphasis on the advantages of using structured logic in theautomation of all but the simplest batch processes.
• Discusses the flow of information starting at theplant floor and continuing through various levels of the controllogic up to the corporate IT level