The advances made possible by the development of moleculartechniques have in recent years revolutionized quantitativegenetics and its relevance for population genetics.Population Genetics and Microevolutionary Theorytakes a modern approach to population genetics, incorporatingmodern molecular biology, species-level evolutionary biology, and athorough acknowledgment of quantitative genetics as the theoreticalbasis for population genetics.
- Logically organized into three main sections on populationstructure and history, genotype-phenotype interactions, andselection/adaptation
- Extensive use of real examples to illustrate concepts
- Written in a clear and accessible manner and devoid of complexmathematical equations
- Includes the author’s introduction to background material aswell as a conclusion for a handy overview of the field and itsmodern applications
- Each chapter ends with a set of review questions andanswers
- Offers helpful general references and Internet links